Yesterday we had a 30 second dance party. It was the best time. We do have ourselves a jolly good time in this Sassy House. We tend to get ourselves in some silly situations too. Back to last night -- while showing off some amazing dance moves -- ones that would make the fancy dancers on tv stop and say, "Wowwy Ka Zowwy, look at them moves!" The music was thumping, the beat was on, you hoolies had the fanciest foot work I have ever seen. While doing a partial ballet spin that turned into a jump'ish-hop'ish move (one that makes a mommy think, "how did she get her tiny body to move that way?") Gg fell down and she proudly declares, "it counts". To which I wonder out loud, "what counts?" Gg in a voice that borders on a little too sassy for my liking says, "My dance move, it counts." Then as if knowing that I was thinking, "watch that tone little lady." She says, in a funny voice, one that she uses to lighten the mood, "It's all good mommy, I got this." Now, I know she's just saying funny adult like phrases to make me laugh. While I love the humor, I gotta say, I don't want you to grow up. I don't want to count it. I want you to be my baby forever. Please just for a while longer? I know there will be more, "it counts" and "It's all good, I got this" humor. I just wish it was coming from a 4 year old - not a 7 year old. To which now I declare, "It's all good, hoolies, I got this."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking note of our life today!