Monday, March 04, 2013

Spring Itch!

The sun is shining. The snow is crisp. There is a smell of Spring in the air (in spite of the 1 degree temperature). I turned off the heat for an hour today and cracked the window while I read. I sat cuddled up in my blanket with a cup of coffee near by. It felt good... it felt fresh...it felt cozy... it felt like a perfect way to start a morning. Then, the smell of Spring got the best of me and I had to clean something. The cluttered counter tops has been eating at me... so I went to town clearing out the cupboards to make room for some of our... no daddy's gadgets and gizmos. The collection of things has reached new heights. So, being the "clutter free'ing" mama that I am, I went through and did a donate/pitch session. Its cathartic to get rid of, up cycle, recycle or repurpose things! Things that I repurposed today; these large mugs are being used to hold small plastic lids and straws, the plastic nascar is being recycled (as it was cracked). I managed to make enough room today to put the nuwave into the cabinet along with the toaster. It felt good to clean off that counter. While I was cleaning out that cabinet I noticed the pile of miscellaneous papers that has creeped up to close to a hundred-gajillion feet tall! Okay more like 3 inches deep but when you're talking papers that feels endless! I brought out a file box and rearranged the papers... sorted... dusted... recycled... recycled...recycled and then I felt good because I was able to make these decisions without anyone saying, "No please don't!" or "Not that!" I made a ginormous dent in that pile... which is now all filed and looking a tad bit more clutter free.

After today I decided I want to photograph all your art work weekly so we have it forever. And keep the most special pieces. We have SO MANY pieces of your amazing creations... I have to figure out something to do with everything that I adore. How does a mommy decide??? Perhaps the answer will come to me on the next day I get the Spring itch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking note of our life today!