Monday, October 08, 2012

Time...

it seems that time is dwindling quickly as we draw near to mommy's knee surgery. Today mommy spent 2 hours compiling outfits for you two... I have about 20 outfits each hung up and ready to go for school. I'm hoping this will get me through the first couple weeks of surgery without worry that daddy is sending you in sweat pants & pajama shirts - not that its ever happened before! With this new found "outfit" pairing you both have agreed that this might be the way to go from now on... I however wonder how quickly it will take before you grab a skirt from one and a shirt from another (Gg is famous for this -- my little Miss Matched Munchkin)!! Mommy is working hard to try and make this surgery as painless easy on  you both... to go from having mommy laying out - outfits the night before, crafting lunches that are fun with special little notes, and yummy dinners to daddy taking over and well... we never know what could happen. It's a lot of work on daddy taking care of me, both of you, the house, the bills, the laundry, your lunches, oh pretty much everything mommy does minus the thank you's. Well, once mommy has the surgery I will be sitting or laying pretty much 24 hours a day for 8 weeks. That means no nothing. No fun pretty much. Thank goodness I have you both to entertain me! Thank goodness I have you both to make sure the decorating will get done the way it should for Christmas! We always decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving but this year it might be tricky since I will only be at 6 weeks post-op. I promise this time I will not use my leg sooner than I should. I will not bare any weight on it at all until 8 weeks. I DO NOT want to ever do this surgery again. Every day Gracie tells me that she prayed for my leg that I wouldn't need surgery. She's sad that God is not able to answer the prayer yet. I told her that instead we need to pray for healing. So that is her new prayer. I hope that one day that you know that prayers are not always answered in the way that you think they should be. God is not a magician. He guides us to do the right things, he guides us to the paths we are meant to lead and we will march those paths with open eyes and renewed faith. We must hold strong my darlings, part of prayer is patience and we must have patience because that is what I am learning from this surgery already. I cannot control everything, I cannot be in all places at once, I cannot fix every issue but I can be patient. I can be understanding. I will be those things and more and I know you will as well too.

We have quite a tomorrow ahead of us... it will be a whirl wind of a week yet again... Monday was school, after school folders, laundry and playing. Plus you earned a half hour of DS time which you jumped at immediately! Tuesday will bring school, choir, after school folder for Gg, dusting and waiting to see if Chum-Chum shows up to see Lily. - Yes he came tonight! Lily was so funny!!! She jumped at the window and hissed at him but then she laid down right across from him and was falling asleep watching him - watch her. Wednesday is school, a possible quick run to Sheridan School for some fun (fingers crossed the rain holds off), grocery shopping, after school folders and preparing for Thursday's surgery. All will be well my darling's I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking note of our life today!