Sunday, June 10, 2012

School's Out!! Summer Days 1 & 2

For the last day of School to celebrate we took you camping! We went to Camp Petosega and had a blast!
Saturday marked the "official" first day of Summer! So naturally we went to the beach!
My Sassy's this was the first time we've gone camping in over 2 years (last summer mommy had surgery). So, in the spirit of celebration daddy and I felt it appropriate to take you camping finally! The first day of camping (which was the last day of school) you rode your bikes, went for walks and played at the playground continuously for 4 hours! Then... right before dinner was done (which was hamburgers over the fire) it started to rain! So, after you ate and before it started to down pour... daddy braved the rain and roasted marshmallows so you each could have a smore! Then we played inside the camper! Mommy played Go Fish with you both for about an hour then we all got cozy about 8:30 and snuggled in for the night.

For the official first day of Summer Break we went to the beach! It was very warm... 86 degrees! There were lots of fairy houses that were made too! Along with bike rides, playground fun, making new friends (Elizabeth was her name - Elli for short) and more smores! The evening lasted a long time because we let you stay up and play dominoes! That was so much fun!! I love the cool fun things you both are learning the older you get! Daddy and I were impressed!

Day 2 of Summer Break was "come home and relax day"! (Daddy was so sweet and put up your blow up pool!) You both played in the icy cold pool water for about 2 hours... but since it is humid and 89 degrees; you both said it felt great!! My little Sassy's I have to tell you I hope that one day you find a man who is atleast half the man your daddy is! He is the most wonderful husband and father! Your daddy got the camper ready to go camping for you! As I said he sat in the rain and cooked our burger, roasted your marshmallows... he put up your pool... anything you or mommy asks for daddy does. He's an amazing man my little Sassy's and I hope you realize that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking note of our life today!